May 17, 2013

PINK + PARIS - JOURNAL #3

TGIF! Says the girls who has been on break all week - hehe. So weeeh! A good friday to all of you! I don't know about you, but sometimes it's like the greatest thing to dig into memories from trips and travels. Last fall I visited Paris with a bunch of friends.
Paris itself is beautiful, but for me the whole city has kinda turned into one big tourist attraction which I always think is kinda sad. There are probably loads of cool places but being there as a tourist you don't get to see many of them. Well whatever - I've seen the Eiffel tower. Not that I had the energy to walk all the way up or the money to pay for the elevator - but I've seen it, from the ground, but that still counts!

From time to time I do things that probably aren't the smartest thing to do, but still worth it.  So coming back from Paris I felt it to be a good idea to print all 400 pictures I had taken during those 7 days. The good ones, the bad ones, the blurry one - all of them. Yupp, I paid almost 20 Euro (like 25 Dollars)... Naah don't think I'll do that again. Mainly because I ended up just storing them away - the mass of the picturesscared me away from even starting an album.

A few days ago, I came back to that box full of photos and decided to use some of my favorites to create a fun page using shapes and materials I had not worked with before, like baking paper and aluminium foil. I loved the the see-through and shiny effect they added to it.


I also added some handwriting and doodles. It was such a fun trip. Pretty much every corner of the city screams: 'Take out your camera and take pictures!!' Just lovely.

Since it's springtime and I can't contain myself when it come to freaking out about all those beautiful flowers and trees blooming everywhere, I wanted to dedicate a page to my new obession. In my town there's an extraordinary big amount of magnolias to be found. No idea why - but hey, they're gorgeous so I had to use them! 

As you can see I'm a bit obsessed with the color pink as well. I found the backdrop image in a newspaper and I still had those pink and red strips floating around my craft table. Also polaroids are and will always be the coolest photos! At this point I want to send out a huge thanks to the Photoshop-Team. These guys made creating polaroids a piece of cake! So thanks for that!
I don't really know why I used 'Fly me to the Moon' as my caption. Ever since the movie came out I just loved this phrase. I guess for me it's about dreaming (I have never seen the movie, I have no idea what it's actually about..) and so are those springy flowers and colors. There you have your connection! 

Hope you had a great week and now get to enjoy a wonderful weekend!
Lots of Love, Tabea ♥ 

No comments:

Post a Comment